[ubuntu-studio-users] looking for a secure and private linux distro, with the following . . .

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jun 26 05:16:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 00:47:48 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:
>in my opinion, this is not enough reason to switch to linux, and have a
>successful time. you should want to use linux because its the best
>tool for the particular job, then, it will fit the needs you have, and
>you will enjoy it.

+1

>these are really quite relative, and can also be a matter of opinion

I disagree.

>ubuntustudio is more about the creation of content. the playback of
>most of what you mention here can be easily added to ubuntu

But nobody should install a default Ubuntu!

I already send a link to notes made by RMS to the Kubuntu Mailing List.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2015-June/060997.html

If somebody wants to use a *buntu, than at least not Ubuntu.

>xubuntu

Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, Kubuntu etc. are all ok and using the Ubuntu
repositories is ok too, but installing Ubuntu is not ok.

Printer and scanner support could be an issue for users switching from
Windows to Linux. I couldn't use my neighbours scanner with my PC, they
used Windows and I used and still use Linux.