[ubuntu-studio-users] Hello, and a problem with soundcard

Flaggmann mashfiend at gmx.com
Tue Jun 16 10:09:15 UTC 2015


Open a terminal window and type "alsamixer"
make sure the connections you are using or wanting to use are not muted 
and levels are higher than
00    there is also an "auto mute" function you might want to disable 
that also

Use the F6 I think it is to select which sound card you are using and 
use F5 to show all  so you can see the mic and line connections as well 
as source selections

On 15-06-15 10:10 AM, Altair Linux wrote:
> (Using Google Traslator)
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new to the list, I installed ubuntu studio this morning.
> Everything looks good except the microphone does not work me.
>
> I've been using audacity to try to record my voice and I've been using
> the different options out there in the Devices, but nothing.
>
> It is not a hardware problem, I have also installed Windows 8.1 (dual
> boot) and you can hear and record perfect perfect.
>
> In audacity devices out correctly identified, apparently. Youtube,
> movies and music are heard perfect.
>
> The sound card is the motherboard GA-Z97X-SLI
>
> These are the data of the sound card, it is the plate.
>
> And the output of lspci -v
>
> http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4957#sp
>
> Realtek® ALC1150 codec
> High Definition Audio
> 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
> Support for S/PDIF Out
>
>
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM
> Controller (rev 06)
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5000
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: hsw_uncore
>
> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core
> Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [Normal
> decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
>      I/O behind bridge: 0000e000-0000efff
>      Memory behind bridge: f6000000-f70fffff
>      Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000e0000000-00000000e9ffffff
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: pcieport
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200
> v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
> (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device d000
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 33
>      Memory at f7400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
>      Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
>      I/O ports at f000 [size=64]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: i915
>
> 00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core
> Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
>      Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 2010
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 34
>      Memory at f7834000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>
> 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB
> xHCI Controller (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5007
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 27
>      Memory at f7820000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
>
> 00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset
> Family ME Interface #1
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 1c3a
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 30
>      Memory at f783d000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: mei_me
>
> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-V
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device e000
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 29
>      Memory at f7800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
>      Memory at f783c000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>      I/O ports at f080 [size=32]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: e1000e
>
> 00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB
> EHCI Controller #2 (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5006
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
>      Memory at f783b000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family HD
> Audio Controller
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device a182
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 31
>      Memory at f7830000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>
> 00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI
> Express Root Port 1 (rev d0) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: pcieport
>
> 00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI
> Express Root Port 4 (rev d0) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=04, sec-latency=0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: pcieport
>
> 00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB
> EHCI Controller #1 (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5006
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
>      Memory at f783a000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
>
> 00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family Z97 LPC Controller
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5001
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
>
> 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family
> SATA Controller [AHCI Mode] (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device b005
>      Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28
>      I/O ports at f0d0 [size=8]
>      I/O ports at f0c0 [size=4]
>      I/O ports at f0b0 [size=8]
>      I/O ports at f0a0 [size=4]
>      I/O ports at f060 [size=32]
>      Memory at f7839000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: ahci
>
> 00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5001
>      Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
>      Memory at f7838000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=256]
>      I/O ports at f040 [size=32]
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK106 [GeForce
> GTX 660] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 3635
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 32
>      Memory at f6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
>      Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
>      Memory at e8000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
>      I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
>      Expansion ROM at f7000000 [disabled] [size=512K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: nouveau
>
> 01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK106 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 3635
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
>      Memory at f7080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>
> 03:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 41)
> (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=03, secondary=04, subordinate=04, sec-latency=32
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>
>
>
>
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM
> Controller (rev 06)
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5000
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: hsw_uncore
>
> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core
> Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [Normal
> decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
>      I/O behind bridge: 0000e000-0000efff
>      Memory behind bridge: f6000000-f70fffff
>      Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000e0000000-00000000e9ffffff
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: pcieport
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200
> v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
> (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device d000
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 33
>      Memory at f7400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
>      Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
>      I/O ports at f000 [size=64]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: i915
>
> 00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core
> Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
>      Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 2010
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 34
>      Memory at f7834000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>
> 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB
> xHCI Controller (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5007
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 27
>      Memory at f7820000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
>
> 00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset
> Family ME Interface #1
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 1c3a
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 30
>      Memory at f783d000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: mei_me
>
> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-V
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device e000
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 29
>      Memory at f7800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
>      Memory at f783c000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>      I/O ports at f080 [size=32]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: e1000e
>
> 00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB
> EHCI Controller #2 (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5006
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
>      Memory at f783b000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family HD
> Audio Controller
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device a182
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 31
>      Memory at f7830000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>
> 00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI
> Express Root Port 1 (rev d0) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: pcieport
>
> 00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI
> Express Root Port 4 (rev d0) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=04, sec-latency=0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: pcieport
>
> 00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB
> EHCI Controller #1 (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5006
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
>      Memory at f783a000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
>
> 00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family Z97 LPC Controller
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5001
>      Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
>
> 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family
> SATA Controller [AHCI Mode] (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device b005
>      Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 28
>      I/O ports at f0d0 [size=8]
>      I/O ports at f0c0 [size=4]
>      I/O ports at f0b0 [size=8]
>      I/O ports at f0a0 [size=4]
>      I/O ports at f060 [size=32]
>      Memory at f7839000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: ahci
>
> 00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 5001
>      Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
>      Memory at f7838000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=256]
>      I/O ports at f040 [size=32]
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK106 [GeForce
> GTX 660] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 3635
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 32
>      Memory at f6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
>      Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
>      Memory at e8000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
>      I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
>      Expansion ROM at f7000000 [disabled] [size=512K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: nouveau
>
> 01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK106 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
>      Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 3635
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
>      Memory at f7080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>      Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>
> 03:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 41)
> (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
>      Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>      Bus: primary=03, secondary=04, subordinate=04, sec-latency=32
>      Capabilities: <access denied>
>




More information about the ubuntu-studio-users mailing list