[ubuntu-studio-users] compatibility of motherboards with, Ubuntu 14.04

Edward A Schober ted at schober.us
Mon Jun 1 19:23:15 UTC 2015

Hi Don

I have put Ubuntu-Studio 14.04 on a bunch of garden variety AMD
motherboards with no problems.  Jack has worked well.  I pretty much
only use them for audio.
I do uninstall Pulseaudio, and the install DVD would not boot on the
ASUS board, even though it recognizes a Knoppix dvd recorded on the DVD
drive.

I just plugged the hard drives into the Gigabyte board for installation,
and then moved them over to the Asus board before update.

They work fine on built in audio and M-audio pci cards and M-audio USB
boxes.

Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H
Asus M3A32-MVP
HP  Pavilion a1114n
1 RU Riverbed Server with Intel 64 bit and PCI-e  Oxygen CM8838 (or 8828
- cant read) sound card at 192 kHz for FM stereo composite)

I hope this is useful!
There might be some issues with video cards for video production, but
garden variety seems to work pretty well for audio.

Ted