[ubuntu-studio-users] compatibility of motherboards with Ubuntu 14.04

Donald Campton donald_llolyd at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 1 06:00:05 UTC 2015

G'day all .
I am not a top hand with Linux but I have been using it for a few years
now, I am wanting to upgrade my mother board to a new one.
Ok easy  you say , but not so , I find a lot are not compatible with
Ubuntu 14.04 or below.
I am at a loss to buy one that I cannot use as a dedicated Ubuntu desk
top machine.
Could any one Please tell me how to find a board Gaming or work station
abilities. I am at the point of saying to hell with it and buy a board
and if it is not compatible commit suicide and go with windows and go
bald pulling my hair, out with frustration.
hope you can help me.
my regards Donald .