[ubuntu-studio-users] Introduction & Installation problem

agents4jesus at gmail.com agents4jesus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 10:44:06 UTC 2015

Hm…when I created the live USB, I used the Universal Linux Installer thing that Ubuntu has a link to on their site. WHen I did that, I chose, for the Linux distro selection, “Ubuntu Studio Installer” from the drop-down. Maybe I should have just selected “Ubuntu”?

Well, anyhow, I found a really great tutorial: http://www.tweaking4all.com/os-tips-and-tricks/uefi-dual-boot-windows81-ubuntu/, that walked me step by step and right now, as I’m typing this, Ubuntu and Windows are coexisting peacefully on my HD.  I used the Ubuntu iso, instead of the Ubuntu Studio iso. Soon, I’ll run the big apt-get install command for Ubuntu Studio.

If anyone knows this: what is the difference from bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi and bcdedit /set "{bootmgr}" path \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi.

If you go to the end of the tutorial, you’ll see the second command prompt (Windows) command, but the first one was from the Boot Repair program, and that program said to use it. I did use the first command, but I’m wondering if the second one would be better.

Thanks,

Tony