[ubuntu-studio-users] Anybody use Studio 15.04 on a LENOVO G50 15.6" Laptop?

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:06:17 UTC 2015

On Saturday, July 4, 2015, Alex Armani <alex.armani at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Looks very tempring. LENOVO G50 15.6" Laptop
> <http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-g50-15-6-laptop-silver-10109036-pdt.html> It's
> an 8.1 machine, so I have absolutely no idea. What kind of issues can I
> expect? Not put any Linux on anything after a Windows 7 HP machine.

It really doesn't matter which version of Windows ships on the machine. It
only matters how well the hardware support Linux. Try and take a granular
look at what hardware is inside the unit, and you can usually cross
reference for Linux support, at least generally. See if you can go to a box
store, and running live usb on the actual hardware. See if it's possible,
without any restocking fees, or shipping, for you to try the unit and see
if it meets your needs, and return it if it doesn't. Call the company and
ask them if they sell it, shipping with Linux preinstalled.

--
MH

likethecow.com