[ubuntu-studio-users] Why was 14.10 only supported for 9 months? Best one yet.

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:32:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Alex Armani <alex.armani at rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> Why was 14.10 only supported for 9 months? Best one yet.

you are always welcome to use whatever you like for as long as you like.
you need to be aware of the security issues that can arise from using
unpatched operating systems.. for me, my audio workstation is an
"appliance" that i dont update. its not online, so i have no security
risks.. i can run any EOL (end of life) distro i choose without any
security risks. all that means is, for 9 months, you are freely given
support.. patches, and updates. if one want, one can patch and update ones
own packages for as long as one cares to. the LTS (long term support)
releases are supported longer. the "regular" releases are newer packages.
it follows upstream ubuntu. it *is* ubuntu..

> Chrome OS: ASUS C300 13.3" Chromebook - Intel® Celeron® Processor N2830
> 32GB
> 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit Unicorn Studio 14.1o, 32bit Mint 17.1
> MATE
>
> ''I am what I am, because, we are, what we are; I thought Yogi Bear
> invented television.''

MH

likethecow.com