[ubuntu-studio-users] ubuntu-studio-users Digest, Vol 100, Issue 4

bart deruyter bart.deruyter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:08:10 UTC 2015

thanks for the ideas, but again, these are not solutions.
let me explain the problem again in real life:

1. I start claudia, run ardour4 for a recording, then I decide to stop
after an hour.

2. I exit ardour, shut down my soundcard (remember: power-consumption)
which kills jack, because it has no soundcard to run anymore, or I first
stop the studio in claudia and then turn off my external soundcard.

3.and I go surfing a bit as a break.

4. Then I want to start again, fire up my external soundcard and I want to
run claudia again to launch my apps, like ardour, guitarix, etc...

5. only to discover jack won't start anymore.

6. Only solution so far: log out and log in again

I hope this explains the problem better. I don't want to have to log out
each time I have done something else  then audio-work for a while. I can't
believe this is a normal thing to happen.

grtz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On Twitter <https://twitter.com/#%21/Bart_Issimo>