[ubuntu-studio-users] No sound during video playback

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Sat Sep 20 18:34:04 UTC 2014

Thanks for your replies, sorry for not being more helpful so far.

I tried logging in as guest from a fresh boot, but guest user could not
access any of the drives with videos in, nor could I mount them as sudo
was not allowed.

Then I logged out and back in as my normal user account, and tried
opening a video with Totem (the default video player) and it worked
perfectly, with video and sound. I also tried with VLC and it worked. I
also opened Rhythmbox and it played audio files okay.

So for no apparent reason it seems to have fixed itself without me
actually doing anything other than logging in as guest before logging
into my user account.

It could just be an intermittent problem of course.

David