[ubuntu-studio-users] Downloaded the 64 bit iso, makes dvd ok, but usb stick fails to boot straight away after reboot.

Set Hallström sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 13:35:51 UTC 2014

Hey alex!

If your computer came with windows 8 this is fully normal. You have to look
up how to properly turn off windows in order for your computer to take in
account the BIIOS boot-up settings.

This took me quite some time to figure out on my companions computer.
Everytime it would boot up without caring about the USB being first in the
boot sequence. This is due to windows 8, never realy being turned off.
(don't ask me why hahaha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C50dJf5MweM

good luck with this!

Also,
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 12:12 AM, Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>     Please set you font size to something normal, so we can read it easily
>
> --
> --- Dave

Dave is right, its very hard to read without fiddeling with fontsize
setting of browser. Also, not that i care much about what google tells me,
but it stated this regarding your email Alex:

>> Be careful with this message. It contains content that's typically used
to steal personal information.

HTML mail is handy for cool announcements and fancy loveletters, but not so
much for mailing-lists.

Just a headsup! :)

--
Set Hallström