[ubuntu-studio-users] 14.04 Some sound app not work when jack is enabled

Set Hallström sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 15:19:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM, WMID <wachin.id at gmail.com> wrote:

> On UbuntuStudio 14.04 when I turn on Jack (QjackCtl) some applications
> that working only with Pulseaudio, example kdenlive not working, here a
> snapshot:
>

> https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_bvJKOlKuU0/VHMil015fHI/AAAAAAAAAiU/DVe1N-0hUy4/w776-h465-no/14.04-snapshot-jack-some-app-not-work.png

Your screenshot does not display the connections in jack, although i can
see the "connexiones" window is open. Are you sure everything is connected
as it should  in there?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
 wrote:

> Test lingot, fmit, rakarrack, guitarix, gxtuner etc., simply
> install and launch synaptic and search for "tuner". Some tuners might
> not work as expected, but others are very good.

I have to second Ralf on the strange choice of using wine for a simple task
such as running a tuner. Unless you realy need wine for something specific,
you could spare a good share of computing ressources by dumping wine
altogether and opting for one of the alternatives he suggests. :)

--
Set Hallström
AKA