[ubuntu-studio-users] Denver mp3 Player is not recognise for UbuntuStudio 14.04.1

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 19 05:41:52 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-11-19 at 06:29 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 23:58:39 -0500
> Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM, WMID <wachin.id at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I used the command: chmod -R 7777 /Full/Folder/path
> > please try, as i suggested earlier in the IRC, to access, read and
> > write *without* a file manager, but, in the terminal and share
> > errors.. use the cp command to copy a small file..
>
> At least chmod was done by command line, but
>
> $ touch foo
> $ ls -hAl foo
> -rw-r--r-- 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 0 Nov 19 06:07 foo
> $ chmod 7777 foo
> $ ls -hAl
> -rwsrwsrwt 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 0 Nov 19 06:07 foo
> $ chmod 777 foo
> $ ls -hAl
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 0 Nov 19 06:07 foo
>
> suid/sticky is tricky. Why using suid/sticky in this case, instead of
> simply giving read/write access to all? Or at least to the owner or
> group? Sure, before doing this an USB device anyway needs to be mounted.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB#Using_pmount

PS: Unlikely that changing files and directories recursively can be
done, if the USB device is a Windows thingy. I guess changing the
privileges for the mount point directory is the only thing that is
needed. OTOH if the OP want's to change the privileges for the files
that should be copied to the USB Windows thingy, than -R might make
sense. Anyway, considering to use chown instead might be better.