[ubuntu-studio-users] Denver mp3 Player is not recognise for UbuntuStudio 14.04.1

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 19 05:29:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 23:58:39 -0500
Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM, WMID <wachin.id at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I used the command: chmod -R 7777 /Full/Folder/path
> please try, as i suggested earlier in the IRC, to access, read and
> write *without* a file manager, but, in the terminal and share
> errors.. use the cp command to copy a small file..

At least chmod was done by command line, but

$ touch foo
$ ls -hAl foo
-rw-r--r-- 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 0 Nov 19 06:07 foo
$ chmod 7777 foo
$ ls -hAl
-rwsrwsrwt 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 0 Nov 19 06:07 foo
$ chmod 777 foo
$ ls -hAl
-rwxrwxrwx 1 rocketmouse rocketmouse 0 Nov 19 06:07 foo

suid/sticky is tricky. Why using suid/sticky in this case, instead of
simply giving read/write access to all? Or at least to the owner or
group? Sure, before doing this an USB device anyway needs to be mounted.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB#Using_pmount

Regards,
Ralf