[ubuntu-studio-users] PCIe

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 28 13:55:21 UTC 2014

Hi :)

"A PCIe card fits into a slot of its physical size or larger" -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#PCI_Express_.28standard.29

Oops, so I can test my RME HDSPe AIO that is connected to the only
available PCIe X1 slot on my mobo, to the other provided PCIe slot, that
is a PCIe X16?

There are many issues when using the RME card on my machine. Today I
noticed that some mobos don't provide X1 ports anymore, so I read the
Wiki.

So since perhaps 2 years I had the option to use the other slot too?

Aaaargh! I hope testing the other slot at least will allow to use sane
latencies, without getting xruns.

Regards,
Ralf