[ubuntu-studio-users] Fwd: [ubuntu-studio-devel] First Call for Contributors for the 14.10 cycle of development

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu May 8 13:19:46 UTC 2014

I'm a little bit pissed off by Ubuntus new style, but I learned a lot
from several Ubuntu, especially Ubuntu Studio mailing list members. I'm
willing to talk about packages that are useful or crap and I'm willing
to do a little bit of graphical artwork. I'm aware that the only artwork
I contributed was odd, I can do better.

JFTR I discourage people to use *buntus, but I always encourage Linux
audio newbies to start by using Ubuntu Studio.

Now my 2 cents, about something where I should keep quiet:

IMO PA and Jack-DBUS are a no-go. Remove it from a default US install.
Install a "normal" jackd + QjackCtl.