[ubuntu-studio-users] Chromium rendering bug?

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:28:11 UTC 2014

On Jan 14, 2014 11:29 AM, "Rick Green" <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:

> Just a week or so ago, Chromium started failing to render 'tabs' on a web
page.  I believe this was coincident with the installation of a series of
updates by update manager. Has anyone else noticed this?
>  Specifics:
>  UbuntuStudio 13.10, kept up to date by update manager.
>  Web page is the LuCI interface on an OpenWRT 12.09 equipped router
>   Instead of tabs, I'm just getting a list of words, arranged vertically,
not horizontally, and in a color that is difficult to distinguish from the
background.

>   Firefox on the same machine renders the page properly, as well as both
Firefox and Chromium on an older UbuntuStudio 10.10 installation.

> Anybody know if this apparent regression is already known to the
developers/packagers?
> --
> Rick Green

There are a few things this could be. Could be the page doesn't support
chromium. I would try removing your user config from the equation. using
"private browsing mode", the guest user session, a new test user, or moving
your current config should make that test work and rule out your user
config. openWRT would likely talk to you about the rendering as well.
cheers!

> We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme
Court's