[ubuntu-studio-users] [ot] Suggestions for a notebook for music.

BA Huys bahuys.photography at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:06:05 UTC 2014

I personally use a Lenovo Thinkpad T61p
(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T61p), about 5 years old and
going strong.  It has firewire, so you could easily add a FW audio
interface.  Jack up the RAM, put a SSHDD in it, and you've got a dang
nice computer. The older Lenovos were business class laptops, so they
are built very tough, and hold up well to traveling.  I've also got an
X61 (http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:X61_Tablet), which I mainly
use for photography work.  Really, you can't go wrong with an older Lenovo.

Just my 2 cents...