[ubuntu-studio-users] question

Glynn Black rgkcalb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 04:20:31 UTC 2014

On 08/22/2014 02:22 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:
> are there any mixbus users? if so, question about UI performance in
> 14.04 on nvidia hardware..
>
> if not, would anyone with nvidia hardware mind trying the demo version
> and testing a few things?
>
> http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/mixbus.html
>
> try loading the UI and opening a few harrison plugins and see if the
> UI draws quickly or lags..
>
> cheers!
>
> --
> MH
>
> likethecow.com <http://likethecow.com>

I guess I fit that description. 14.04 64bit dual core 3.odd-something
gig (I forget at the moment) cpu speed, 8 gig memory geforce gt 610. I'm
not really seeing any particular problems with mixbus but it does use a
good bit more cpu resources than Ardour 3. Running a pile of tracks and
plugins will probably cause me problems on my modest system. At the
moment I'm spending most of my time in Qtractor with MIDI and at some
point I will render to audio and move to over to mixbus. Ardour 3 still
has too many problems with MIDI or I'd be using it. I'm not very
experienced with DAWs but if I can check something for you I will.

Regards

Glynn