[ubuntu-studio-users] System Monitor in Ubuntu Studio.?

leo leokn at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 21:55:45 UTC 2014

Yer welcome. I'm fairly new to ubuntu and I get a kick outta being able to help the cause.

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 3:38 PM, Henry W. Peters <hwpeters at jamadots.com> wrote:

Wanted to monitor my network speed (recently increased, theoretically from ISP)...  Thanks Leo, I did a search on the opening page of the software center, & low & behold, it showed up... only it was the GNOME monitor, which works for me (& network seemed to be cruising along appropriately).

Regards,
Henry

On 08/03/2014 03:50 PM, leo wrote:

I run Ubuntu Studio 12.04.4 and KXStudio 12.04; both have .....

>HardInfo 0.5.1 ("System Profiler and Benchmark")  and
>System Monitor
>Version 4.8.5 (4.8.5)
>Using KDE Development Platform 4.8.5 (4.8.5)
>

>I find both listed in Ubuntu Software Center.
>Regards, Leo
>

>On Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:21 PM, Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>On Aug 3, 2014 2:52 PM, "Henry W. Peters" <hwpeters at jamadots.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm wondering why System Monitor is not
                    installed (at least in my version 14.04 of Ubuntu
                    Studio, with xfce desktop)? I see it's not in
                    Synaptic either (unless under another name (?))...
                     Can one install it via 'apt-get?' (or is there a
                    compatibility problem?)