[ubuntu-studio-users] Netflix on Ubuntu Studio 14.04

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Apr 29 07:42:54 UTC 2014

Netflix is not a package that you can install from official Ubuntu
repos. Adding a PPA means you change the system somehow, but in this
case, it's probably fine.
The PPA is still there, of course. But, you need to check if it has been
updated for 14.04. That could be your problem.

The PPA adress can be found in a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
The file will be named after the PPA.
Might be the PPA is disabled even.

Also, just to point out, we don't really support Windows applications,
and we can't estimate which PPAs you have on your system.
Adding PPAs means you change your system, and from there, anything can
happen.
We can only support the official Ubuntu repositories.

It seems like a few people have had success upgrading. i would otherwise
be reluctant to recommend that. Rather better to do a fresh install.
That might not help in the case with Netflix though.