[ubuntu-studio-users] Installing Flash (Was:Re: ubuntu-studio-users Digest, Vol 84, Issue 28)

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Mon Apr 28 04:40:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014, at 10:00 PM, Alex Armani wrote:
> Hi all. Have been away for a couple weeks working. Anyhow, I have now got
> Studio 64 14.04 LTS installed and working dual bootable with Windows 7
> etc. Have spent the last 12 hours installing all the apps / utilities I
> use and changing all the settings.  Anyhows, one last prob. No matter
> what I try, I just cannot get flash installed. The help files didn't
> work. I used to know how to do this but seems things have changed..... 8(
>
> aha, tia from Alex.
> --

The package that installs flash is called flash-plugin-installer.
However, if you are interested in other various non-free additions, you
may want to install ubuntu-restricted-extras, which depends on the flash
plugin.

PS. In the future, it would be nice if you did not use "reply" when
starting a new topic (thread) - instead start a new mail from scratch
with a subject that clearly explains the topic. Makes it easer to find
the right mail in the inbox, when there can be thousands per day.
Also, it is good to not include unnecessary large amounts of quoted
text. One might miss something in the mail, if there is text stuck in
between somewhere