[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubiquity hang up 14.04 daily and Beta

Israel israel at torios.org
Sun Apr 27 19:59:28 UTC 2014

On 04/27/2014 02:14 PM, Brian David wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Israel <israel at torios.org
> <mailto:israel at torios.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/27/2014 01:50 PM, Brian David wrote:
>
>     That is great!!
>     Your device is very close to mine.
>     I am wondering if I am doing something slightly wrong here...
>     It is pretty simple to set up the device, so I am not entirely
>     sure what I could be missing...
>     So, just for my own sake, could you please tell me the exact steps
>     you followed to begin using it?
>
>     i.e. start qjackctl.  select firewire.  open recording program.
>     record music.
>
>     Are you using 32bit or 64bit?  Are also using a non-EFI machine?
>

> I did pretty much what you described: start qjackctl, select firewire,
> and away it goes.  I have not done any recording, though, just playback.
>
> I am running 64bit on a computer I made (Gigabyte motherboard running
> an AMD Phenom II processor), so it is non-EFI.
>
> It's worth noting that, in my experience, the interfaces that PreSonus
> made following the Firepod don't seem to be as compatible with JACK.
> I once tried to get an FP10 (which I thought was pretty much the same
> as a FirePod) to start up, and could not.
>
> --
> -Brian David

Great!
So your Firepod works on 64 bit (which is my machine, although it is
intel not AMD)
So that is great.  Mine is a Firebox, though I am not sure if it is
before or after.  And, in case you missed earlier in the thread it was
working fine in 12.04 Studio.
So, this is leading me to believe it may be the ffado drivers, rather
than qjackctl.... since you are able to get qjackctl up and running
using firewire.  I may try to use an older verion of ffado to see if
that will work, but I sent an e-mail to the ffado user list, and will
wait for a bit to see if anyone there responds before I get into all the
make install stuff :)
Thanks so much for testing this!!