[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubiquity hang up 14.04 daily and Beta (Kaj Ailomaa)

Israel israel at torios.org
Sun Apr 27 01:29:32 UTC 2014

If someone can use a firewire device, then it must be something more
specific to my setup or device.  I wonder if anyone has a similar device
(or even the same device) running in Ubuntu 14.04 (regardless of DE).

As this is GNU/Linux there is always a way to make something work, even
if it means compiling something on my own, hacking around in some code,
hacking around in configuration files, etc..
I am pretty determined to get this to work, so I am willing to try any
other suggestions.
I may try the 32bit live DVD soon... I do wish there was an easy way to
make a bootable USB for this machine... however all Apple computers make
things much harder for the user than necessary (ever changed a hard
drive in an iBook?)

@Kaj I really appreciate your efforts to help me (in all the different
areas you have helped)

@mr. fyfe your energetic sense of humour is wasting your talents.  You
should learn a great constructive way to use your mind, and all the
wonderful talents you must have.  Surely you are much more intelligent
and have a great creativity that can be channeled into something more
prosperous for you.