[ubuntu-studio-users] ubuntu-studio-users Digest, Vol 84, Issue 10

Israel israel at torios.org
Sun Apr 13 20:38:40 UTC 2014

On 04/13/2014 01:14 PM, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Alex Armani
> <alex.armani at rocketmail.com <mailto:alex.armani at rocketmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I had the same problem with the installer hanging in 14:o4 at the
>     package selection point using the daily release a few days ago.I
>     gave up eventualy.Has there been any progress with this recently?
>     Is there any point tying agan?
>

> As the 14.04 is still released more or less daily there's always a
> point of trying the latest iso. If you are to run test on 14.04 I hope
> you log all errors to the test cases and Launchpad?
>
> /Jimmy

I couldn't do much to log anything... I ran the DVD from live mode on
one, and tried to install that way only to have an error....  So, I
assumed it was the image being corrupt, or something else....
So I chose to torrent it on my other computer while I was fiddling with
Jack/FFADO/Low Latency kernels/etc.. to see if I could simply get it to
work, rather than have to dual boot, or whatever....
This torrent image also did not work, so I downloaded 12.04 and e-mailed
you guys.
I did not log the errors.  The first time, I assumed it was my error
(rather a disk, or image error... not the installer).  The second time,
I decided to go straight to 'install' as I knew I could already use the
desktop with my hardware.... and then it hung up as well.  Sorry for not
logging any of the info... Ubuntu has installed so cleanly for the past
few years every single time, every single flavor that I really didn't
think it was the OS/Ubiquity.... really since somewhere around 12.04
beta the automatic testing has produced extremely high quality dailies
(actually I usually keep once machine on the daily version, and one
stable)  So, I am fairly certain this is related to the package
selector, because that is when it hangs up :)
Has there been a commit to those bits of code lately?  I tried this
around Friday, or something like that...  I let the machine sit for
about an hour at the package screen with the spinning indicator while I
was doing work outside.
If you have something specific you want me to capture in a log, then
please give the the appropriate info on what to collect.
I'd be glad to help!  Just give me the specific things to try, I'll even
run ubiquity from the terminal (is this possible, I have never tried?)