[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubiquity hang up 14.04 daily and Beta

Israel israel at torios.org
Sun Apr 13 20:22:51 UTC 2014

On 04/13/2014 01:17 PM, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Israel <israel at torios.org
> <mailto:israel at torios.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/12/2014 10:23 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:
>>

>>     On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Israel <israel at torios.org
>>     <mailto:israel at torios.org>> wrote:
>>
>>         So... why does the 14.04 installer for beta hang up at the
>>         'package selection' portion.
>>         Has anyone who tested it out experienced it?
>>         I get a dialog pop-up that has only ?????????
>>         and I click the button and the installer sits there with the
>>         'progression' mouse cursor acting like it is doing
>>         something... but it simply hangs
>>         Then I drop to a TTY and sudo reboot
>>         The installer for 12.04 worked just fine for me on the same
>>         machine.  I assume it is a bug in the new packages part.
>>          Though, I like the idea of being able to opt out of, and
>>         into certain programs.
>>

>>     sounds like a bad image.. i would try downloading the daily.. and
>>     use https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM
>>

>>         --
>>

>>     --
>>     MH
>>
>>     likethecow.com <http://likethecow.com>
>>

>     maybe... it has been two images.  And one I used zsync and still
>     came up with a bad image (after zsync)....
>     I will look into it more when I have time
>
>     It looks like you are the go to guy on this list, thanks for all
>     your help, I know it can be hard to fill that role sometimes!
>
>     --
>
> I have installed several times with the i386 iso and there have been
> some issues, but lately I haven't seen any on my installations. That
> said, I haven't run any installation the last 7 days so it might
> something new that popped up.

Hi,
Hmmm, well something must have changed, as I tried 2 times, and couldn't
get past the odd ????? dialog.  I tried downloading it 2 times, and
running zsync on the last one to hopefully fix it.... but it didn't
What could the dialog pop-up be for?  Is there some sort of confirmation
dialog?  I tried once choosing  (selecting and un-selecting) packages,
and once leaving it completely alone.  Both failed.  I am on an intel
Core 2 (64bit), but I was running the 32bit (this is a mac with the
horrid EFI they have, and it wont detect a multivolume 64bit disc... or
something along those lines)
So, I was testing the same version/arch you did.
Is there any thing showing up in any of the automatic testing for the
images? (I assume you use a testing mechanism)
Thanks for your help!!