[ubuntu-studio-users] not smart enough to update adobe

reSet Sakrecoer sakrecoer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 08:39:55 UTC 2013

What is inside that tar.gz file? doubleclick it and see if you find some
.deb file. Then mostlikley you just need to unpack the tar.gz file and
double click it.
But i must add, that i back up what Ralf said. Because flash is vulnerable
by definition. If you really need to be safe: avoid it and run something
like tor https://www.torproject.org/
Also that "never update linux version again" thing i've heard since 2010...
i think they ahve started to feel scared :)

Hopefull you find a sollution that suits you,
Set H.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 6:03 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>wrote:

> I don't install Adobe flash player. YouTube videos likely can be played
> by Firefox without Adobe flash player and assumed it's needed by a web
> page, then Linux anyway doesn't provide an up-to-date version and
> believing Adobe, there never will be an updated version for Linux again.
> If I ever should need flash player, I'll use Google-Chrome. Don't
> confuse it with Chromium.
>
> https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/ChromiumBrowserVsGoogleChrome

Set Hallström
AKA