[ubuntu-studio-users] using apogee duet audio interface

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 26 08:51:25 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-26 at 09:46 +0200, Jean Huber wrote:
> totalmix (mixer software with effects etc.) and hardware-settings
> soft.

totalmix (for Linux the software to use it is called hdspmixer) is just
a mixer without effects and the Linux version of total mix isn't
comparable with the new totalmix available for Windows, which also has
got no effects, but more mixer features. On Linux the hardware settings
perhaps could be done with hdspconf, not working for my RME card.
Assumed it should be true that all RME card features should be available
by alsamixer too, than this isn't true for my RME card only.

I own a RME PCIe card and on Linux the card is a PITA. I bought it for
Linux only usage, I don't use Windows.

However, most RME cards should run with Linux and AFAIK they are the
only professional audio devices that can be used with Linux.

If semi-professional should be good enough, I recommend Envy24 based
cards. The vendor doesn't matter. Envy24 based cards have also a
hardware mixer, but it's not that feature rich as totalmix (hdspmixer).
The Envy24's Linux software for the hardware mixer is called
envy24control, resp. the new version is named mudita24.