[ubuntu-studio-users] Upgrading

Gord L Williams info at gordlwilliams.com
Mon Oct 21 08:11:10 UTC 2013

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:09:36 +0200
From: Ralf Mardorf<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 11:46 +0300, Hajanirina Jean Erband Rakotomanga
wrote:

> I've finished for update Ubuntustudio 13.04 but I can't upgrade
> directly on line to 13.10. I don't know what is the problem. Can you
> help me?

Most people on this list don't own a crystal ball, so posting more
information, e.g. messages you get, when doing it in a terminal wuld be
useful.

Ralf,  exactly what people expect though.....work with the public everywhere
doing anything,  and its mind reading time.

I successfully upgraded from 13.04 to 13.10 via update.  It took me a couple of tries though
as update told me I had to have so much space on my /boot partition.  I cleared out one kernel
leaving the one that was running and it went along just fine.  It could be a partitioning
or lack of space problem.

I had to slow the message down to be able to read it however,  because it was just flashed and went
away as update shut down.  If you don't know what is going on,  you can easily miss the error message.