[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntu Studio 13.10 released

leo leokn at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 16:19:37 UTC 2013

I only have two SATA 300GB hard drives, each with it's own distro. I feel more
at ease with the idea of fresh LTS type installs instead of major upgrades, e.g., from 13.04
to 13.10.
Once I can afford another hd, where I have lots of room for partitions, various distros, and
especially for backups, then I feel I can use one of the drives dedicated for experimentation.

Right now I am trying to figure out the best regimen for what exactly, and how, to make backups.
I have a handful of 4GB and 32GB SanDisk thumbdrives, and my 2 SATA hard drives, and Ubuntu One, as well as DropBox.

My main works of concern involve my music (re Ardour 3.4) and photography (re Darktable and Gimp).

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:03 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> If nobody knows, why not simply making an upgrade and see what happens.
> Before upgrading there anyway is the need to make a backup, since an
> upgrade, especially from one version to another
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^ distro release
 to another ;)