[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntu Studio 13.10 released

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Oct 20 10:58:24 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 12:46 +0200, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> I am not sure this could be of any help in your case, but after the
> upgrade, my old ardour2 was still present on my system and fully
> operational.
>
> Set
>

> On 2013-10-18 07:18, leo wrote:
> > Quote from Ho Wan Cho: "* We have added GNOME Orca for accessibility
> > purposes, and also Ardour
> > 3 for audio production."
> >
> > Leo asks: If I upgrade to 13.10, will it change (retro) my already
> > Ardour 3.4 (which I frefer over Ardour 3)?
> >

> > On Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:33 PM, Jimmy Sjölund <jimmy at sjolund.se>
> > wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 32 or 64 bit version? I ran tests on the i386 release yesterday and it
> > passed without any issues.
> >
> > /Jimmy
> >
> > On 18 okt 2013, at 05:48, Joseph Ronne <jfronne at gmail.com
> > <mailto:jfronne at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >> The 'upgrade' from 13.04 to 13.10 does not appear  to work beyond
> >> authentication.
> >>

> >> --

> Set Hallstrom
> AKA Sakrecoer
> http://sakrecoer.com
>

> WARNING: Remember clear-text email is subject to mass surveillance
> systems. Alone this information is useless. Our summed communications
> are worth humanity.
>
> Please keep in mind Internet is a boulevard in a crowded virtual city.
> Privacy is found under the cloaks.

If nobody knows, why not simply making an upgrade and see what happens.
Before upgrading there anyway is the need to make a backup, since an
upgrade, especially from one version to another, always could cause
serious issues. If the upgrade should fail and/or touches Ardour, the OP
could restore the old stable Ubuntu Studio from the backup.

--
1.