[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Release Candidate Call for Testing

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 23:57:58 UTC 2013

Hi!

Still super pleased! One thing i noticed is that the old volume shortcut
in the header was empty. Removing it and adding the new one solved it.
Hopefully this wont be a source of confusion for other users? I am
guessing that pulse has been removed completly, rendering the old
icon/shortcut obsolete.

The new sound menu (icon?) is just a volume fader, and i couldn't seem
to find audio settings. I saw the LADI settings, in the new and
deliciously consolidated settings menu, but pressing it while jack is
stopped told me "jack can only be configured with a loaded and stopped
studio. Please create a new studio or load and stop an existing one"

If i start Jack i get a bubble saying "JACK server is started not by
ladish daemon and there is no loaded studio so a new studio has been
created and marked as started."

If i then press LADI Control Center in the Settings menu, it says "Jack
can only be configured with a stopped studio. Please stop your studio
first."

I was very confused until i remembered the gladish program. Which seems
to be where i can control the mounted studio. Once gladish is started,
with a stopped studio, than i can open the LADI Control Center.

I hope this feedback is not comming in inappropriatley or in the wrong
space!

Yours,
Set

--
Set Hallstrom
AKA Sakrecoer

WARNING: Remember clear-text email is subject to mass surveillance
systems. Alone this information is useless. Our summed communications
are worth humanity.

Please keep in mind Internet is a boulevard in a crowded virtual city.
Privacy is found under the cloaks.