[ubuntu-studio-users] Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Release Candidate Call for Testing

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 08:43:57 UTC 2013

Dear Ubuntu Studio developers, testers and users,

We are about to release Ubuntu Studio 13.10 on the coming Thursday.
However, we are desperately in need for testing. Please help us test
the release candidate images!

Testcases for the amd64 images are in
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/305/builds/55592/testcases,
while i386 image testcases can be found in
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/305/builds/55593/testcases.
Please also do the upgrade testcases as well, linked in
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/305/builds/55391/testcases
(for amd64) and
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/305/builds/55392/testcases
(for i386).

The latest image is available at
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/dvd/current. We recommend you
to use zsync to download the image, as the images will be updated
quite frequently in the coming few days.

The changes compared to Ubuntu Studio 13.04 can be found at
http://ubuntustudio.org/2013/09/ubuntu-studio-13-10-saucy-salamander-beta-2-released/
(except for one final feature: We added Ardour 3 to the images).

You can find a detailed testing walkthrough and videos at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Walkthrough.

If you have any inquiries, feel free to ask in #ubuntustudio-devel on
Freenode or mail us at ubuntu-studio-devel at lists.ubuntu.com

We appreciate your testing efforts and let's make Ubuntu Studio 13.10
an amazing release!

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)
Ubuntu Studio Release Manager