[ubuntu-studio-users] StartUbuntu - Was: [xubuntu-users] Choosing the right/best version (release) of Xubuntu

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Nov 21 08:33:02 UTC 2013

Hi all, hi Ali,

there's a project that might be interesting for some of you.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu

It's new for me and was introduced to me by the Xubuntu users mailing
list.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Perhaps somebody knows what FLOSS software is most close to MS
Paint ...

On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 03:12 +0400, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Yes, I am aware that Ubuntu Studio is too using XFCE but if I will
> install the meta package, 'MS Paint' will be intalled? or just one of
> its alternatives?

It will install a bundle of FLOSS software to make all kinds of arts and
add a customized menu to provide a better workflow. I don't know current
Ubunut Studio [1], 'MS Paint' for sure will not be installed, but
usually the most common software Linux artists use.

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 2:59 AM, Ralf
> Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>         On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 02:49 +0400, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>         > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu
>
>         Nice artwork:
>         https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=rocket_banner_900x256.png
>

>         Who made this graphic?
>

> One of the best Artwork people in Ubuntu Communities :)
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu/Artwork#Artwork_Contributors
>

> Rafael is the Artwork Team Leader of Lubuntu :)
>
> All the Artwork for StartUbuntu Project had been designed by him!

Thank you Ali :)

[1]
I dislike an important part of Ubuntu's policy, OTOH I like the approach
to introduce Linux to newbies, so I guess I will clean my hard disks and
continue maintaining the current *buntu release on my machine too.
My main Linux still will be Arch Linux, but for an alternative, second
install I was thinking to switch to Debian, now I'll stay with *buntu,
most likely Ubuntu Studio, perhaps Debian will become a third install,
but I experienced that off the many Linux installs I've already
installed, I'm only able to maintain two installs. Hm, perhaps I should
contribute something to the next LTS.

I don't join the StartUbuntu team, if I should contribute something,
then to Ubuntu Studio, but I'll forward it to the Ubuntu Studio mailing
lists. Perhaps the StartUbuntu project is less known.