[ubuntu-studio-users] Tunning music files in batch?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 20 10:31:26 UTC 2013

Hi Sergio :)

On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 10:56 +0100, Sergio Bello wrote:
> Actually, reason 5 reads: "Commands are more powerful"

alsamixer can be used by command line and by ncurses [1] and here's an
anecdote, a blind user, he is able to see light, but can't use GUIs,
tried to get SPDIF working by using alsamixer. I used a GUI and compared
the settings with alsamixer to help him. It often is much easier to use
a GUI [2].

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ncurses

[2]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-December/088655.html
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-December/088656.html
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-December/088657.html
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-December/088658.html

It depends to the tasks. I'm used to use command line for many things,
most are related to administrative tasks, less are related to
audiovisuell user space.

Regards,
Ralf