[ubuntu-studio-users] firewire broken after upgrade

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Mon Nov 11 15:37:36 UTC 2013

Hi Mac,

 > Any chance of getting a 12.04 package? (this would allow me to quickly
 > test on a AF12 with 4.7 firmware)

I pushed it into my repository. Then confirmed that the build for lucid
failed so remove lucid package.

 > many more lines like above

Yes.  Retry mechanism and fallback mechanism which I added causes these
lines. Once these commands are failed, then retry several times. If all
retries are failed, then fallback to another way.

 > The GUI appears but, it won't identify the device, save setting
button is grayed out,
 > clock source & sample rate grayed out, etc.

My workaround causes this situation. When you see this, inner FFADO,
retries of the command are executed because the command failed once. So
please wait a little time. Then it may be active again.

This is not a perfect solution but my best effort.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto