Problem installing Ubuntu Studio

Thijs van severen thijsvanseveren at gmail.com
Wed May 22 07:21:40 UTC 2013

Is the whole screen dimming, or is ir just the app you are working on?
It is normal that the screen dims whenever an ap becomes (temporarely)
unresponsive.  This can be because it is doing something that requires a
lot of cpu power/time or because it is reading a very large file.
AFAIK it is the os that dims the screen when it doesnt get a timely
response from the app.
It could be related to the fact that you are running a live dvd or maybe
your cpu is not fast enough.
Installing could improve things

Good luck
Thijs