trouble with fast track c400

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:39:37 UTC 2013

On May 22, 2013 12:08 AM, "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 12:34 -0300, Raphael Santos wrote:
> > I'm going to stick with the default for now, as suggested by Mike
> > Holstein, and try to make it work with PulseAudio.
>
> Good luck ;).
>
> Even if pulseaudio would work with all cards and even if  would like to
> use this bad coded sound server, in your case I at least would remove it
> for testing purpose. If you removed PA and the error disappears, you
> would know that you have to fix something regarding to a pulseaudio
> issue, e.g. cripple down the card to 2 IOs and then reinstall PA. If the
> same error message stays after removing PA, it perhaps isn't a PA issue.
> However, you get a problem when you start one sound server, IOW jack and
> you try to fix this issue while using 2 sound server at the same tiome,
> while one of them,, pulseaudio is known t cause such issues and it's
> known not to work with multi channel (semi-)pro-audio cards.
> The most likely culprit when getting such error messages is pulseaudio.
>
> The culprit can be something else, however, why will you keep pulseaudio
> for troubleshooting? Remove it for troubleshooting and install it after
> you fixed the issue.
>
> If something inside your television set is broken and you want to repair
> the circuit, than you will do it by following the circuit diagram in a
> sane order. Even if there still is power, you'll likely start with the
> power supply.
>
> If you've got issues with one sound server, while two sound servers are
> installed at the same time, the sane way would be to remove the sound
> server you don't want to start. You can reinstall it, when
> troubleshooting is finished. Only the PA fans recommend insane
> troubleshooting. Sorry Mike, but it's ridiculous to keep PA during
> troubleshooting.

I like to use, and suggest the lubuntu live iso since lubuntu is pulse
only... This is an easy way to test without having to remove pulse from a
currently installed instance of one of the other ubuntu versions that ship
with pulse. Pulseaudio is just not responsible for hardware support when it
comes to using jack.. Troubleshooting is not "ridiculous" though, so I
won't throw that word around... I'll just offer another avenue of testing
rather then ripping pulse out.. Cheers!