trouble with fast track c400

Raphael Santos raphaelss at gmail.com
Tue May 21 15:34:24 UTC 2013

Yes - it's the first time I tried it with jack.
I'm going to stick with the default for now, as suggested by Mike
Holstein, and try to make it work with PulseAudio.
If I uncheck the "Enable D-Bus interface" I get a different error:

JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10

audio_reservation_init

Acquire audio card Audio1

creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit

configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods

ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 24bit little-endian

ALSA: use 2 periods for capture

ALSA: cannot set hardware parameters for capture

ALSA: cannot configure capture channel

Cannot initialize driver

JackServer::Open failed with -1

Failed to open server

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 21, 2013 10:15 AM, "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>>
>> I use all of my Linux, also Ubuntu Studio, neither with jackdbus, nor
>> with pulseaudio. I strongly recommend to remove the package pulseaudio
>
> Pulseaudio has nothing to do with creating or fixing your problem. It also
> contributes nothing to hardware support. I would only remove pulseaudio if
> you need or want to. Having first hand experience both with and without
> Pulseaudio, I have had issues both ways. I have also had flawless
> performance both ways. I suggest sticking with the default as long as
> possible for support reasons. Cheers and good luck
>
>> and to use jackd instead of jackdbus. From a terminal or script simply
>> run jackd and if you should start it by QjackCtl, uncheck "Enable D-Bus
>> interface" in OjackCtl > Setup... > Misc.
>>
>> If you're using session handlers, I strongly recommend not to do this,
>> instead IMO it's more comfortable to use scripts, you might need
>> jackdbus, I don't know, perhaps somebody else could chime in. Len?
>> Somebody else?
>>

>> --

Raphael Santos