Jack & Ardour updates

leo leokn at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 00:46:30 UTC 2013

I use Patchage as well as Jack because I get confused with the names of interfaces, etc., used in jack setup and the connections diagram is easier to see and understand in Patchage.
True, I noticed the order of devices do indeed change after reboot. And, additionally, I have tried loading Jack both before or after loading Ardour. I use the connections diagrams of both Jack and Patchage to help me understand how it all relates to the mixers edit windows. I am hoping I will eventually get a grip on how to make all my connections thru the Ardour mixers windows so I don't end up having to do the same with Jack.

An update may help. I just don't know if Tim's advice would work with my version of Ubuntu or break it....
   "...I personally would recommend the kxstudio repos in launchpad. There you will get nearly newest packages.
https://launchpad.net/~kxstudio-team/+archive/ppa

Ardour is version 3.1 there and jack is version 1.9.9.5.
They have packages for precise, quantal and raring.

Cheers