Jack & Ardour updates

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu May 9 00:00:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 16:32 -0700, leo wrote:
> 2) Record guitar in Ardour also so I can hear my guitar, and the wav
> track, and see the waveforms in the editor window simultaneously (=
> last night I got it to work, but today not!!/same setup as last night)
> =nightmare. :(

Do you think an update will change your situation? I suspect a handling
error. We need more information.

Why are you using Jack, Patchage and Ardour, if you only want to record
and play music with Ardour? For this setup, Ardour does store and
restore all connections, you only need to start Jack and Ardour.

If you're using the "Audiobox USB interface" and an audio device from
your mobo should be enabled too, it might happen that after a reboot,
the order of the audio devices does change.

There are two ways to avoid this. You can disable your onboard device by
the BIOS settings or you edit a /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

This example does show how to reserve hw:0 for a HDSP card and hw:1,
hw:2 for 2 Envy24 cards:

# ALSA module ordering
options snd slots=snd_hdspm,snd_ice1712,snd_ice1712