Western Digital external drives

Anthony Hall hall.johnanthony at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 03:20:37 UTC 2013

Ok 1. Buy Seagate drives in future. Good guarantees and built properly. By
comparison WD drives are made from sheep sh** and mud!

You can test your drive by setting it as a slave drive (secondary) drive in
your machine. It's easy enough to set it as such in the bios. Then, open
'Gparted' and run a benchmark test. It comes packaged with studio. If it's
not working, do everything, format it, erase partitions, change the
filesystem to ext4....  You name it! If it's bust what have you got to
lose? Might as well learn how to use Gparted.

I've never rescued a bust drive yet. I tend to find they are mechanically
sound or they are not.

Have fun but avoid hammers... they are very bad for hard drives ;) p