Running big Open Source applications in the cloud?

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 21:56:44 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-20 21:12, Pete Wright wrote:

> I am talking about running the software remotely (in the cloud), not
> on local machines, with only data (and commands) passed back and
> forth.

Like a Remote Blender Render Farm? :) I can see Renderfarms. Renting out
processorkraft remotely. With free software, it would be a fair deal.
Since it would be given you may set up your own render farm if so
desired. :) Or just being able to let your home-server do the heavy job
while you edit on a smaler device in timbuktu?

But at the same time this reflection pushes me back to the blur of the
cloud. Renderfarms and remote filestorage already exist...?

hmm...

Guess i am thankfull for the information, need to read up on this. :D

Set H.