Real Time kernel US 13.04

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Mon Jul 29 16:25:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013, at 05:54 PM, Abe Caleb wrote:
> That Laptop has limited cpu and I/O resources for the many apps that can
> run on this kernel thus you get plenty of xruns. In other words, you need
> more hardware resources. Perhaps if you use an externel usb sound card
> you
> may get some help.  You need to be at 8Gb of Ram and a high speed hard
> Drive. Graphics on that Laptop will be a problem too. I have 8 screens
> going during productions.  I have a desktop for the heavy work and use my
> laptop for DJ software or simple audacity recording.  At least a 4 core
> processor would do the trick.

Neither the number of cores, the amount of RAM or the type of hard drive
you have is going to have much effect on jack performance, unless we're
talking really poor hardware.

Some audio devices work better than others.
And, there is always the chance of IRQ conflict, causing one piece of
hardware to disturbe the performance of another.

Ralph mentioned rtirq. That would be a good place to start.