OT: Help with WIFI on HP Mini 110-1030CA

Pete Wright pnwright at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:32:47 UTC 2013

Hi Ralph
This paragraph of yours (pasted below)  really resonates with me, and I
suggest you post it as a standalone to the whole Ubuntu community; the
whole Linux community, for that matter.
I actually treat myself as a noobie, because stuff keeps changing all the
time.
Everybody should remember they are all noobies at something unless they
have given up on curiosity and growth, and try to treat everybody like they
hope to be treated in those situations.
BTW -- always nice to have somebody who helped create something important
out themselves in a modest way so I can thank them. Accordingly, thank you
Ralph, thank you a lot!

"If you want to attract noobies to a system this is
not the right way to go about it. It is very difficult indeed for one
who is focussing on learning a new OS to have to wade through off-topic
messages and comments about their posting skills or the suitability of
the OS for them, especially if they are self-conscious. Please try to
put yourself in the OP's shoes before responding to a query from a
self-professed newcomer to Linux. I think it also helps to assume any
new poster is a noobie unless you know for sure they are not, and treat
them accordingly."