Help with WIFI on HP Mini 110-1030CA

Ryan Thompson ryandmsthompson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 12:13:29 UTC 2013

On 13-07-22 09:09 AM, Abhayadev S wrote:
> o you use Ubuntu Studio for creative works? or do you want to try out
>  ubuntu desktop with some different desktop env. instead?
>
> Regards,
> Abhayadev S
> http://sites.google.com/site/abhayadevs
>

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Ryan Thompson
> <ryandmsthompson at gmail.com <mailto:ryandmsthompson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 13-07-22 08:51 AM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
>
>         Hi. I'm the maintainer of linux-lowlatency. It's not a
>         realtime kernel,
>         and has all the drivers that linux-generic does, so it's not a
>         kernel
>         problem.
>
>         Besides, you can use any kernel on any flavor.
>
>         Ubuntu Studio is very much just Ubuntu with a certain set of
>         preinstalled packages. The main upside is that you get realtime
>         privilege preconfigured and a few other things.
>
>     It strikes me as odd that I can't use my WIFI on my netbook.  I've
>     tried a few different solutions that I've found through Google but
>     none of them work.  I had WIFI (thats how I downloaded the ISO).
>      I like the look of Studio (the layout and menus) but I really
>     need the WIFI to work.
>

>     --

I got into Photography last year and I've been doing alot of
processing.  I liked the nice clean look and packages offered by
Studio.  I've also been starting to look into video.  The sound mixing
is a nice bonus for my Halloween setup this year (yes I make my own
sound effects tracks :)).  Thanks for the Help so far, I'm new to Linux
and, as you can probably tell, don't know much about it.