new to Ubuntu Studio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 29 11:05:10 UTC 2013

Quantal and Precise both are 64-bit on my machine.

Quantal often needs to delete ./cache regarding to performance issues.
If you install software that isn't default for Ubuntu Studio, in my case
it's Evolution, you can expect that many of this software doesn't work.
I read about office suite versions that by upstream are not recommended
for usage, but used by Ubuntu Quantal. However, for Evolution, it takes
a long time to open emails, filtering junk doesn't work, detecting the
account, that should be used for a reply doesn't work etc. pp. There
seem to be tons of dbus issues.

For audio production only, I experienced Quantal as working stable.

Regards,
Ralf