banshee issue

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 02:30:00 UTC 2013

On Jan 4, 2013 9:24 PM, "Charlie Luna" <war.tribe.mc at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm using the 64 bit version of ubuntu studio 12.10 and I think it's the
Xcfe environment. if you can point me to where those options are at, I'd
appreciate it.

i find these settings in 'main menu' 'settings' 'settings manager' then
clicking on 'removable drives and media'

I would see that these are set as you want them to be... to automatically
mount media... cheers

> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com> wrote:

by the system? i've tried gconf-editor and i've looked through ubuntu
studio as thoroughly as i think i can and i can't seem to find that very
option.

>>> this is not a banshee issue.. nor is it an issue at all. its a
preference that you have that differs from the default configuration, which
is fine, but important to note. is this ubuntustudio 12.10? 12.04? 32bit?
64?.. you are using the XFCE environment?

>> my default 64bit ubuntustudio 12.04 installation automatically mounts
CD's... i find these settings in 'main menu' 'settings' 'settings manager'
then clicking on 'removable drives and media' ...check that these settings
are as you want/expect them to be... i can also be available on the IRC if
you need... cheers

a CD when I insert it into the tray? I have banshee setup to automatically
rip CDs when they are inserted and it just won't do it. there's an icon on
the desktop for the CD and when i right click it, i can select the option
to mount the volume. i do that, and then it's visible in banshee and starts
to rip. how can i fix this so that CDs will automatically rip like it's
suppose to? conventional ubuntu has no problems.

happen, then it can, but its not the default setup.. what would i try? i
would look and make sure you have (and want to have) media automatically
mounted when its found by the system. cheers and happy new year.. also,
ubuntustudio is not "conventional ubuntu" and is not trying to emulate it,
though it will not be challenging with a constructive attitude for one of
the volunteers to help you emulate the auto-rip feature you are seeking..