Ubuntu Studio 12.04.2 LTS Testing has started!

Fernando Gomes f.m.gomes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:11:33 UTC 2013

Installed the amd64 version on a Toshiba Satellite R630-13U (Core i5, 4GB
RAM, 500GB HDD). No major problems, the install wizard didn't detect the
wireless connection during installation, so I had to update after the
installation done. I had a pop-up during the installation telling that
there were Wireless networks available but I had no way to configure
anything at that phase, so all the installation was done without internet
access. Tested only Hydrogen, Jack, Yoshimi and Guitarix. Installed
Rosegarden that crashed a few times. In the meantime compiled a PREEMPT_RT
kernel for it and worked also well on this laptop. I had some Xruns using
the internal audio board (Intel), they were not solved by the RT kernel but
was able to work with it without Xruns after some tweaking on the JACK
parameters, but this was no problem because the internal board sound is
terrible, so the real problem will be if I have Xruns with my Allen&Heath
ZED UEB mixer, but had no time to test it yet.

By the way, is there any 'easy' way of adding linuxsampler to UbuntuStudio?
I saw some references of adding KXStudio repositories, but am afraid of
breaking dependencies if I do it.

Best regards

Fernando