new to Ubuntu Studio

leo leokn at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 04:28:17 UTC 2013

I'm using Ubuntu Studio Quantal 12.10 64 bit, Kernel Linux 3.5.0-23-lowlatency,GNOME 3.6.0  and love it.

My focus is photography and am using Darktable 1.1.2, Gimp 2.8.2, Shotwell, and a few other apps. This kernel
  seems to have a very low latency with excellent results.

My other hobby is music (jazz guitar) and I will be using Ardour, Jack, Patchage, etc.

Question: Why are you removing Pulse Audio? I'm fairly new to the Linux world and I've read comments from others who say the same thing, indicating that Pulse Audio is problematic?

Regards, Leo