Installing 12.10

Joseph Ronne jfronne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:01:02 UTC 2013

As near as I can tell in 12.10 Studio 64bit my home partition contains only
data. The config information resides in the file system itself. Because of
past problems I build the system on two hard drives one of which remains
disconnected other than to transfer data (home) to it occasionally or to
run when a problem with the main drive occurs. When a problem does occur i
rebuild the main drive to the point the problem occurred and then try to
isolate it or avoid the source. This may sound complicated, you do have to
keep track of additions and modifications.. but that is what lists are for.
This 12.10 Studio is running on an old Dell 9100 P965 with a pentium 4 dual
core. It runs quite well and I am happy, I use Blender Inkscape and Gimp
for  graphics and the whole JACK repertoire for MIDI. Plus it seems to
handle the whole Cairo cuteness quite well.